The Classic Theatre’s educational outreach programming illuminates dramatic literature for middle school, high school and college age students through:
• Touring classic plays to high schools in San Antonio and the surrounding area;
followed by a post play symposium facilitated by leading educators.
• Conducting weekend theater workshops for Area Middle School students. (An introduction to Shakespeare’s plays)
• A.I.M. High (A comprehensive Apprenticeship, Internship and Mentor program for High School and College students interested in furthering careers in the performing arts.)
• Summer Training Institute. A 3 week intensive training program for advanced high school theater students who are serious about careers in the performing arts.
The Classic Theatre’s consistent presence in area schools:
• Aids teachers in preparing students for creative problem solving.
• Builds a bridge from school to the stage for budding young artists.
• Cultivates tomorrow’s audience today!